Want to take the next step in bicycle maintenance? This is approximately a 6-7 hour class where you will get hand's on with your bike and leave with a full, double checked tune up! Students will get an overview of the entire bike and all components. With emphasis on checking equipment, diagnosis of common issues and repairs. We dive into the following list of components.
- All of the Basics of Bikes Course
- Brake Systems
- Adjustments of Disc and Rim, Types, Replacing Pads.
- Drive-train Systems
- Common issues, gear adjustment, chain wear and cleaning
- Wheel Truing
- Hand's on wheel truing, spoke tension principles.
- Torque Specifications
- How tight to tighten bolts.
- Bottom Bracket Systems
- Types, selection and when to replace.
- Pedals, Handlebar and Headsets
- Types, Common Issues, Repair
The class is capped at 6 for an intimate learning experience and is very hands-on!